What the Mark Richards’ website says about the Puffer Fish:
‘This is a new model for 2009. It has more volume than the Flying Fish, and size for size, it is ¾” wider. It has been designed for surf in the 1′ – 4’ range and it excels in poor surf conditions.
– added width, thickness, and flatter rocker than the Flying Fish model, for performance in small waves;
– a full nose with a low entry rocker for planing speed and ease of catching waves;
– a single to double concave bottom with an accentuated V-like spine in the double concave which gives it an easy rail to rail transition;
– a double wing swallow to reduce the tail area which allows for quick direction changes and assists rail to rail transition;
– a swallowtail for bite and holding power through turns.
Even though this is a wider fish, it is still designed to surf from rail to rail and can turn a small sloppy surf session into a ton of fun.
The standard fin setup is an FCS 3 fin thruster however it may be custom ordered with a Super Twin set-up of 2 FCS twin fins plus an FCS rear stabilizer fin OR an FCS Quad set-up.’
What people are saying about it:
“The magic stick right here.” – user 0ceanminded87 on Instagram
“Mark, I am so happy with this board. Having so much fun surfing small waves again. Thanks so much.” – user isongarry on Instagram
“Bought one last week… Awesome board… Puts [the] fun back into surfing!” – user phil.minkie on Instagram
“Yep this my all-time fave small wave board but now I know why I don’t look into a mirror.” – user pop_diddy on Instagram
The size range is from 5’8″ up to 7’2″.
No videos found for this model
See how other Mark Richards surfboards perform in water HERE.
Here are pictures we found of the Mark Richards Puffer Fish on Instagram:
Do you own Mark Richards’ Puffer Fish? How does it surf?
For more surfboard reviews – subscribe HERE