Brother and sister Dan O’Connell and Sarah Quinney have a strong passion for surfing and art, as well as a commitment to protecting the ocean. This passion is what goes into their line of funky-patterned canvas surfboard bags.
What the Boardsox site says about their surfboard covers:
Boardsox®. The ultimate surfboard cover for day-to-day use and international surf trips.
Waterproof inside and outside ( no more sticky wax)
Reinforced 5mm padded nose for extra protection
Ultralight and tough – 14oz Cotton Canvas
All Boardsox® Surfboard Bags come with a re-usable backpack as packaging.
Boardsox covers come in an array of designs.
Most of the covers are custom made to length. If you have a custom measurement you would like, contact Boardsox.
Some fun boards also suit the longboard cover ( it gives a little more width too)
Short Boardsox Width: 56cm or 22 Inches
Fun Boardsox Width: 61cm or 24 Inches
Long Boardsox Width: 66cm or 26 Inches
How do Boardsox products compare to other surfboard covers? We had a chance to find out.
We recently ordered a Boardsox surfboard cover from the website. One appeal of buying from them is that they donate a percentage of each purchase to worthwhile causes.
The package arrived within a few days via courier and it came in a reusable bag with biodegradable packaging.
Out of the bag:
We ordered the same size as an FCS board bag we already had to make a comparison. Both were 6′ 3″.
The Boardsox bag is:
– Made of heavier canvas material instead of the more elastic fabric of the FCS, therefore does not have stretch and so was a slightly tight fit around the widest part of the board. You will need to be precise with sizing because it is less adaptable.
– Offers more protection on the nose panel.
– The eyelets where the closure chord pops out are higher quality.
– The stitching on the hemming is comparable, a little wonky in parts.
– The design is striking and more interesting than the FCS.
– Comes with the little reusable bag to store the bag in.
Both bags were able to accomodate a Jim Banks Magic Carpet 6′ 1″, 20 3/4″, 2 3/4″ with Rasta Futures fins installed.
Overall, the BoardSox bag is rugged and if you size it right, will give you a stylish cover for your board. The FCS is more adjustable and lighter (so probably better for a varied size quiver).
Here is a video we found of Boardsox surfboard covers: