The World Surf League Women’s QS6000 held at Punta Roca, La Libertad, El Salvador between June 15 and 19 has been wrapped up with Keely Andrew winning the event.
Andrew had to overcome a tough competitor, Alessa Quizon in the final heat but managed to find rythm amidst tough conditions. The morning of the finals started with clean, 3-5ft waves before the prevailing onshore wind took control and the surfers had to patiently find the good waves.
Last year, Andrew has finished as a runner up in this same location. She comes back this year nailing one of the event’s highest heat totals in Round 5 with 18.16 points.
Andrew has faced off with Coco Ho (HAW) in the Quarterfinals and took down Bronte Macaulay (AUS) in the Semifinals.
Here are Copa El Salvador Women’s QS6000 Final Results:
1. Keely Andrew (AUS) 13.10 $10,000 6,000 points
2. Alessa Quizon (HAW) 8.93 $5,000 4,500 points
Here is the recent Women’s Qualification Series Top 6 Rankings:
1. Bronte Macaulay (AUS) 13,750
2. Nikki Van Dijk (AUS) 12,200
3. Malia Manuel (HAW) 11,750
4. Keely Andrew (AUS) 11,460
5. Silvana Lima (BRA) 10,350
Source: World Surf League